Frozen banana men are perfect for satisfying an ice cream craving, and their small size great for portion control. This dessert was inspired by my friend E and by a gingerbread-men mold that I found on clearance at K-mart after the holidays. It’s rubbery so it is easy to pop the little men out and maintain their shapes. Note that the dish can be made just as well in an ice-cube tray. Did I mention it’s ridiculously easy?
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 Tbsp nutella
- Note: this dish can be made vegan by using a vegan chocolate alternative for nutella, such as vegan chocolate chips. You can also substitute chocolate soy milk for plain, or omit the chocolate all together
- peel bananas into a bowl and mash them until they have a smooth and creamy texture and most of the lumps are gone.
- Add soy milk.
- Mix in nutella or vegan substitute. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more soy milk.
- Pour mixture into mold or ice-cube tray, filling the compartments a little more than 3/4.
- Freeze for 4+ hours
Told you it was easy.
To store the men more space-efficiently (or your ice-cube tray for something else), simply place men in a freezer proof Tupperware in layers, separating each layer with a piece of plastic wrap.