- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1/2 fresh tomato (sliced) or about 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast bread. If desired, this is a good time to start the coffee.
- While bread is toasting, put about 1.5 inches of water in a small pan. Add vinegar. Bring to an almost boil (the water should just be starting to bubble) and then put on low.
- Add the egg to the water and cover. For runny yolk, cook for 5 minutes or until white has set.For a firmer yolk, cook for longer, about 7-10 minutes.
- While the egg is cooking, slice avocado and spread the slices over the toast. Add lemon juice to avocado. Then lay tomato slices over the avocado.
- Gently remove the egg from the water using a slotted spoon and place over avocado and tomato tower. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you’re feeling adventuress, you can add a little hot sauce, basil, or whatever seasoning suites your fancy.
I recommend eating this with a knife and fork, the runny yolk can make eating this sandwich with your hands a little tricky.